1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Antique wagon in landscape

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MLI, Jan 24, 2002.

1. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I restored this wagon, and used in my landscape at my house. whatcha think??!!
  2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I like that. It adds a rustic touch to it.
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i really like those, a lot of them around here actually, sometimes u will see tractors, wagons, firetrucks even
  4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a nice accent and will make a great feature that other seasonal things can be added to---such as a few pumpkins and a shock of corn for fall, something whimsical for the holidays---maybe lots of faux packages with bright ribbons, and of course big pots with tall flowers for the summer months. These can be in the wagon and around it also.
  5. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Lanelle...lol...great minds think alike....we already have used it in seasonal themes. On Halloween we used corn stalks leaning on it, also laying in the back of it, put mums aroud it, haybales, cabbage....I think I have a pic somewhere of it on Halloween...Illl post it if I can find it.:)
  6. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

7. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Antique items are great accents, they go well with the wooden cutouts of the lady weeding her flowers(oh I'm just kidding, knock it off:D ) I like wagons and old farm implements. Something cool I 've seen around here is old wooden box drop seededs on steel wheelsused as flower boxes. Landscaping ain't all rocks and trees.
  8. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

I also love those kind of accents .. Looks great..congrats
  9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

One of my clients has a wagon very similar to that one on the corner of there front lawn (corner property). They fill it with impatients in the spring and then put mums in the fall! Very nice look!
  10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i have an antique international pedal tractor in one of my gardens, it really adds to it , rustic ya know!:)