1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

antisocial

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by chefdrp, Jun 10, 2005.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you feel antisocial? Do any of you solo guys just not like being around people after working alone all day. Or if you do like to talk to people its just other LCOs?

2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I can survive quite well talking to few people. I thoroughly enjoy my son, a couple of close relatives, and short (preliminary) talks with <i>hot</i> women !

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Heck my wife told me that I needed to make 5 more friends otherwise she wouldn't be able to find 6 people to carry my casket when I croke...LOL

4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

People? What are those? I either talk to other landscapers or other fishermen. Yes I know, I have no life.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i talk to everybody. i can speak to complete strangers for hours at a time. last night in fact, at the bank, i made friends with a hot russian chic who was in line in front of me, and told her all about my crummy vacation to california. then i talked to the ladies at the deli counter, and then again to the cashier. i like socializing. i do not like talking to people who lack intelligence though. these people cannot carry on a conversation. i enjoy a good debate, and debating with dumb people, usually turns into an argument. mostly i like talking to chics. but, i will talk to anyone

6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I'm semi-social. certain people I just click with, and we can talk for HOURS on end. My scout troop, certain friends(when I feel like talking) my dog(probably doesnt count as a person) and myself LOL.

7. jfenton

jfenton LawnSite Member

I don't want to talk about it. Just leave me alone

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I can talk to many, but can only "deal" with a select few. Intelligent conversations are great but small talk is a waste of time.

9. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

I am quite happy working by myself day in and day out. I don't like to socialize at parties or in any group settings, when I work at the church functions (chicken dinners, wurstmarts, etc) I alway grab the job washing dishes, can look out the window with my back turned to others and just work away. But, my wife thinks I'm Mr. Sociable, she says I will talk for hours to any stranger I meet. Not true, I can talk to someone for hours who has done something I haven't, works in a field I haven't, cause I love to find out how and what they do. But ask me the social questions, like how are the kids, what have you been doing, etc., and I turn off completely. I have crossed the street to avoid saying hello to someone I recognize coming toward me.

10. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I've been old i could talk to a wall!!! lol