Ants and termite control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GRASS-PLUS, Feb 12, 2005.

1. GRASS-PLUS

GRASS-PLUS LawnSite Member

I have a customer that has an above ground pool. Recently he had the liner
    inspected to find that it had alot of pinholes in it caused by ants and termites.
    Can anybody suggest a pesticide to put down before he replaces the new liner
    Thanks.

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Boric acid

3. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Termidor!!

4. ArizPestWeed

Boric acid will last almost for ever , Termidor may not be labeled for pools and the area around them

5. GRASS-PLUS

GRASS-PLUS LawnSite Member

Thanks, Guys, I really appreciate the info. By chance do you have a mixture
    ratio?

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Grass-Plus

Hire a Professional Termite Company.

Your out of you league with termites. Termite insurance is the highest in the pest control industry. WHY? Because there are more law suits and insurance claims over termite mis-treatments than an other industry. The EPA is all over the Termite applicators. The State inspectors also follow termite very closely.

If you get caught doing Termite Soil Poisoning with out the proper licenses, they will throw the key away.

BTW Boric acid will not last in the soil, it leaches. To purchase Termidor, you must have applicators card issued by Bayer Labs. Yes there are many other termiticides that you can purchase. However I will not tell you what they are. BTW I gave up my Termite License because it was TOOOO much hassle.

7. z-best

z-best LawnSite Member

Hire a professional. I am a licensed operator in Dayton, Ohio and I would bait only because of the pool.

One colony of termites are usually 8-20 ft down and can be an acre in size with #s of termites 250,000 to a million termites per colony.

8-10 colonies per acre of ground.

Dan

8. ArizPestWeed

Anybody can take the test from Termidor and pass , thenyou can use it , if you are licensed by your state .
    Or , just go to ebay and get some , sold to everybody.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Great, Weed Master

Why not slip over the Broader and get some Chlordane you jerk.

10. ArizPestWeed

Hey Ric
    Do you still date little boys .? Isn't that your thing ?
    Are you a message board punk.
    You sure gotta attitude problem.
    Of course you know we are 3,000 miles a part so you think you can insult people and you are safe .
    Or are you Ric .
    You should watch it when you insult others .
    I did not isult you , but , you did me .
    It's uncalled for .
    But I wont take it .
    So Ric , how many little boys do you have in shallow graves in your back yard .
    You and I have had this problem before and you were warned about harassing people and you are doing it again .