ants

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cjcland, Apr 4, 2000.

1. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

whats the best thing to use to get rid of ants, they are all overthis property, and how much should i charge per 1000.squre foot<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Diazinon.<p>Cost: about $1/1000.<p>Charge: about $25 + $2.50-4/1000<p>Water in immediately.

3. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

thank you, how much water?<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Good question! I'm not sure exactly.<p>I would suppose .20&quot; would do. Do that the same day and then regular irrigation after that. If no irrigation systen, try to apply before rain.<p>Perhaps someone with additional insight can weigh with more. (And I'll ask my supplier next time I'm in there.)

5. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

IT SAYS .25&quot; AND DO NOT ALLOW TO &quot;PUDDLE&quot;. IT HELPS, BUT NOTHIN STOPS THE LITTLE BUGGERS!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Orthene will work to. You have to broadcast the whole yard

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Orthene works pretty well on mound application too.

8. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

The problem with diazion, dursban, delta guard and Talstar is they are contact killers and will kill what is there right now. With ants you want to have the little buggers take the poision with them back to the nest and kill the whole colony. Lesco sells Triad bait and Dursban bait. Both products work the same by attracting the ants and then they take it home with them and kill the whole colony. The other product is called Advanced Carpenter Ant Bait. This product is only two years old and is a little pricey for lawns. Within an hour the ants are all over this product and within two days there are no more ants. The down side besides price is that if you don't use the proper amount, the ants become bait shy and won't go back to it. Has anyone fallen into a fire ants nest?