any 1 using kubota diesel zeroturn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coldbrook landscapin, Jul 11, 2001.

1. coldbrook landscapin

coldbrook landscapin LawnSite Member

i'm currently using a kubota diesel front mower a gf1800 4 wheel drive with a 54 inch any had every good results its 5 years old with 1500 hours on the motor. been looking at the new kubota diesel kero turn zd21 (21 hp ) with a 60 inch deck was wondering if any one had one in use and do u like it . i'm keeping the older kubota for spring and fall cleanup.

2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

There are a couple of guys (who post here) who have them already.

Do a search or

post to this thread so it stays near the top.

3. T A

T A LawnSite Member

Was wondering the same thing,i checked one out today and it has alot of features that i like,price was $9800.00 for the 21 hp diesel,does that sound about right?

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The Kubota 21hp diesel is not enough engine for the 60" deck in my opinion. I demoed a Grasshopper 60" ZTR with the 21hp Kubota and it was ok for routine mowing, but in thick, tall grass it would bog down real quick and I had to slow way down. I would not buy one until they offer a bigger engine. I purchased a Grasshopper with a 28hp Kubota. Try and demo the Kubota in some heavy growth before you buy one.

5. bubenberg

bubenberg LawnSite Member

have no problems on hills, wet grass, good stripping but am looking for improved quality enhancement (striping kit) faster than my exmark kohler 25 and equal in finish,
    very nice ride

6. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I love mine and about cutting tall grass I dont think any mower would like doing that. If the grass is tall that means I have not been cutting it on a regular basis and just have to price the job for having to take a long cutting time. I have just ordered the mulch kit for it and very interested in trying it. Here in central Alabama we have had alot of rain in the past two months and everyone around here likes you to stay on a every other week cutting schedule, no matter how tall the grass gets in 14 days.
    So im going to see what this mulching kit will do. It should do something for the price of it.(400.00)

7. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not a big fan of Kubota.Their decks tend to crack up fairly early
    n the game and I don't think their diesel motors hang on well
    enough torque wise.