Any 61" Wright Standers out there?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Sep 27, 2000.

1. Any feedback available on this machine?

Speed?

Quality of cut?

Trimming capabilities?

2. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

no realy, i don't know about the Wright Standers but I have used the great dane standers alot and there awsome, good cut, good speed and they are very manuverable. Get A great Dane there awsome,If i can Find a dealer in Jersey that has them I'm getting one.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Stone, are you switching teams!?

4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one but it is only 48". I will be getting larger one for next year. Fantastic machine! I have looked at the similar Grate Danes & there were things that I can't remember now that were definitely better about the Wright. The person that owned the Grate Danes showed me the things that looked better about the Stander. (He has 4 but has had a lot of problems with them & thinks he might switch soon.) I can ask him next time I see him if you want. This is my first hydro so I can't tell you how speed compares but it is of course much faster than the belt drives. Trimming will be great with a 52" or 61" because of the offset of the deck. The 48" trims well but could be better because the wheel base is 48" also. Quality of cut was great & is even better now with the double blades. Easy to service & maintain. E-mail me if you want, & I can put you in touch with a VP at Wright who can give you details about differences between GD and Wright machines & answer any other ?'s you may have.

5. script

script LawnSite Member

BRL.
    How much does the 48" weigh? Thanks in Advance.
    Bobby.

6. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

640 pounds

7. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

My only concern with those machines is scalping. With a WB, you can muscle the deck to go over bumps and humps. WIth a rider, you can raise the deck. Can't really do either with a Stander. They are manuverable though.

Of course, if you are only cutting ball fields, the scapling issue is null.

8. MRPLOW

MRPLOW LawnSite Member

I too thought they would scalp haveing gone from 48 inch walkbehinds to 52 Wright. But the rear wheel are much bigger and wider than a walkbehind so they don't drop into uneven spots at all. I like my machine but think it needs a bigger engine, only got a 16 B&S for a 52 inch.