1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

any advice for expense spreadsheet or app? (Jobber user but needs add on)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GreenWestCoast, Jul 3, 2014.

1. GreenWestCoast

GreenWestCoast LawnSite Member

We are a two person show (sole proprietorship) business that has been operating just over a year. We happily use Jobber & appreciate much of the functionality but we have a piece missing that I haven't been able to fill.

We need to track our business expenses (to break out GST) and we'll be using a basic chart of accounts to categorize the expenses.

I have googled and looked into Xero, Freshbooks, Quickbooks etc and they all seem to duplicate what we pay for in Jobber already.

Any suggestions would be appreciated times a million!

Note: Creating my own Excel Spreadsheets is beyond my ability.
  2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Excel is easy to use. And I am no computer wiz kid. No kid for that matter.
  3. shane-pa

shane-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Excel has templates you can download. plug in your numbers and your done.
  4. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

I know you have looked at Xero and QuickBooks but a lot of users use those for their accounting and expenses. Even though Jobber does handle invoicing, Xero or QB can also handle expenses, tax, payroll and overall reporting on cash flow.

I think we have some discount codes for QuickBooks Online and might have some for Xero soon. That might help get you started so you can try them out and see how they work together.

A good Excel sheet is not a bad idea either, I'm sure someone here would have a good one they might be willing to share.

5. yardmn13

yardmn13 LawnSite Member

6. TurfWizardllc

TurfWizardllc LawnSite Member

Turf wizard can handle all of your tracking, materials, invoices, and billing in under 5 minutes. www.Turfwizardllc.com
  7. GreenWestCoast

GreenWestCoast LawnSite Member

Thanks for all your replies.
    I will check back here if the NEAT Receipts program I am testing doesnt work for us. http://www.neat.com