1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any advice on hiring a salesperson/designer

Discussion in 'Employment' started by evergreenlandscapes, Jul 3, 2006.

1. evergreenlandscapes

evergreenlandscapes LawnSite Member

We have been in business 15 Yrs and have done very well. I was recently approached with a situation that I need help or some input from someone that may know the industry standards.... I have an opportunity to work with someone that has experience from a larger company in landscape sales. This person was getting screwed out of commission and is looking for a change in scenery, not to mention that the company she worked for has priced themselves out of the market. We would like to use her as an independent salesperson. If she generated and hustled her own leads, and had us do the full installation on a project,yet she sold the job and generated the work, what type of percentage should she recieve? Would she basically just sub us out? We give her a price and she tacks on whatever she wants?.. What about leads that we recieve on our own. ? If we gave her a lead, and she sells the job, should she make a percentage of the net? Gross? She would not be on payroll. Strictly working on a commission basis. What if she picks up a new lawn account, snowplow account ,pesticide program. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I want this to work out for both of us. She was successful at her previous employer selling around $400,000 worth of work last season.