Any Advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wrestler07, May 2, 2005.

1. wrestler07

wrestler07 LawnSite Member

Hey im sixteen and starting in the business. How can you help me... any advice on getting customers and so on... please dont preach about being legal. I have already read what you said to the 15 year old in ontario. he was a D Bag

2. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Start with a neighbor, friend of parents etc. Once you get the opportunity to do a lawn, take your time and get it looking the way you would want yours (I hope), then word of mouth will take over from there. Get cards made up, this is not expensive at all, and then some cheap single paged fliers. Give those to everyone you know without wearing them out too much. But don't try to get too big too fast! That is where alot of people in my opinion go wrong. Stay in school!!! Take care of your customers and they will take care of you. Give them full service, don't short cut the customer! That is a basic start without getting into the legal end of things that you don't want to get lectured on.
    Best of Luck!

3. wrestler07

thanks for the lack of the lecture much appreciated

4. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

That was only your first reply.. give it time.

5. wrestler07

yea but scag 52 carried on and argued and id rather not have that i would just like advice.

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

so your line trimming a yard and a rock goes flying into a kid and blinds him or worse what do you do....... your parents loose there home and what money they have... you have to do this legal or not at all, cant be too hard to find an adult to help with insurance and license ,

now that is said, get good equipment and do a great job and be freindly and professional , and have fun

7. wrestler07

my dad is the business man

8. wrestler07

Not to say i may be going into business with one of my dads friends

9. wrestler07

The reason i started this thread is b/c im apprehensive about jumping into this business and putting money and effort in and not recieving. b/c at this point it will be hard to find a summer job

10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i think you will do fine......get him to get you insured and you will cover your butt....