Any Advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn perfection, Aug 5, 2003.

1. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

I KNOW THERE ARE 100'S OF POSTS ON STRIPING, BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHATS WRONG. MY STRIPES COMING TOWARD YOU ARE GREAT (THE DARK ONES) THE ONES GOING AWAY ARE OK,BUT NOT CONSISTANT ALL THE WAY ACROSS. THE TIRE TRACKS STAND OUT, BUT THE MIDDLE DOES NOT LAY DOWN AS GOOD. I'M MOWING MOSTLY FESCUE AT 3.5 TO 4 INCHES, I HAVE A ROLLER ON A 60IN LAZER. CAN ANYONE GIVE SOME ADVICE ,SHOULD I LOWER THE ROLLER I'M RUNNING IT AT 1/2 OFF THE GROUND, OR TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON.
    THANKS DUKE

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

are u allowing for the offset on the trim side. not trying to insult your intelligence...
    same thing happened to me,until i figured out the problem... anyway its the only thing i can think that would make the stripes different.
    by the way ,u are gonna hear[read] this unless i miss my guess.... caps is supposed to mean,, shouting.... truthfully, it dont sound any different to me,and my eyes arn t as good as they once were, so it might help me a bit. but that is what i understand to be the case,,from some on the forums...

3. lawn perfection

I'M NOT SURE I FOLLOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. WHAT WOULD THE TRIM SIDE HAVE TO DO WITH THE CENTER OF THE CUT? WHAT DID YOU DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM YOU WERE HAVING.

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

my comment is my situation specific. the right chute side castor is lined up strait with the side of the cutting width. the left side castor is not lined up with the edge of the cut width,,,to allow for a trim side .
    i was lining the castor up with cut edge on both sides. resulted in a good stripe one way a crappy ,more narrow stripe on the other side. like i say ,this may not be your problem ...but its the only thing i can think of ,,that might cause a mower to stripe well in one direction ,,but not the other..good luck.

5. lawn perfection

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE AWM. ANYONE ELSE?

6. lawn perfection

WHERE ARE YOU?

7. lawn perfection

come on guys that lay down the nice stripes, alittle advice would be appreciated.
    thanks

8. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

hey, lperfection - pm john gamba- he is the master of lawn striping

9. lawn perfection

I know but i can't find him anywhere. I thought he might have some good advice/ helpful hints

10. lawn perfection

Hey john you back yet ? Help me!