1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

any AM/FM Radio Earmuff with digital tuning?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by brock11, Sep 28, 2007.

1. brock11

brock11 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

Hi, I cant seem to find an AM/FM radio earmuff headset with digital tuning and was wondering if someone could direct me in the right directions. I have googled all types of things and cant find one that has BOTH AM and FM.

2. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I ended up getting the STIHL am/fm headphones(around $75). I used them for the first time today a liked them. I tried to listen to the Cubs game on am, but couldn't get a very good signal. As far as digital, I have no idea. If you find something you like, please let me know. I love listening to baseball on the radio(I'm not that old- 36) but can't find anything that works very well.
  3. brock11

brock11 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

i have had Peltor work tunes for about 2 years now and they are very good when you are in a good area for the stations you want to listen to.

im just tired of not having the ease of the digital tuning. i would assume it would be a little better for reception as well, seeing how you can pinpoint the station.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Digital AM/FM with seek/scan would be ideal!

With my current manual tune muffs, if I sneeze crooked, my station changes!
  5. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the same problem so I bought a Sony Walkman w/ digital tune and adapted it to fit my ear protection. I removed the Sony speakers and placed them in the "ear muff", snuck the speaker wire behind the ear cushion, clipped the radio on one side of the head-band (I also used a small zip-tie with their clip and taped any excess speaker wire) and vwala, they've worked great for many years now. If you try this be prepared to improvise. Patent pending R1.payup
    Click below to see sony walkman

6. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

7. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I found a pair of Husqvarna digital am/ fm Headphones on ebay. Item #
    130157476711. I haven't tried these,but the price should be right! I wish I could have given you the link, but I have no idea how to do it!
  8. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

the pair Ive got I can plug in my mp3 player or listin to am/fm radio
    I got them at farm and fleet
  9. brock11

brock11 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

are you sure they are AM and FM? the product on ebay just says FM. i really would like AM and FM. thanks
  10. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried the MP3/FM w/headphones but I found that I had to turn up the volume so high just to here the music. So heres what I did yesterday while cutting a lawn, I used my snap-on earmuff (from back when I wrenched on cars) and put the small ear phones in my ears and the ear muff over them with just the wires coming out to the MP3 player, and only had to turn up the volume 1/4 of the way. It worked out great :dancing: and thats what I'll be using from now on.