Any Assistance Especially NY guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spazfam, Mar 8, 2007.

1. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Preparing a bid for the attached property but I have not handled anything this large before. Any input on approx price per trip.
    A little background property is to be mowed, trim and blow, property on right is just mow no trim. I know what my cost are approx but not sure if my calculations are correct. We would mow everything in the black lines.

Property left 2.00 acres property right 1.78 acres (approx mow)

equipment used Deere 717/48 and Deere gs15/36 wb
    any insight to get me back on the path of getting my numbers straight.

Thanks

Stjudes1&2.jpg

2. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

As a solo op with a 50" Dixon I would charge between $125 and $150. Depends on how much trimming and cleanup there is. Where in Rochester is this?

3. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

The property is located on the west side near gates/parma. I plan on a two guy crew. The prop on the right is no trim-done by building mtc. the building on the left is mow, trim and blow. What about a price for each as they are related properties but managed by different companies?

4. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

First, your calculations must be as exact as possible, not only square footage, but your costs. Here is a formula i use in every bid to get mowing speed. Take your deck size X cutting mph - 20% for triming trees, ect. I also use JD 717a's and GX345's for side hills. The 717 can handle 1.9 acres per hour modestly, and does an excellent job. To help with bidding price, add all of your costs, travel time, labor, maintenance, ect., and add your markup. Here in Rochester MN I markup 40% and can't hardly keep up! Remember, don't bite off more than you can chew. Commercial customers require high quality and demand your dedication. If you would like more pointers, e-mail me through www.midwestlawnservices.com. I have been in business for 10 years and have 100% client retention! I have never lost a customer due to dissatisfaction. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

5. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Thanks! I will definetly be in touch. The 717 is new this year I figured about 1.6 acres so 1.9 works.

6. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Anyone else have any ideas?

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

yeah I try to get $60 per acre, trust me I want more but its hard to get lately. the property on the right is easy no trim so give a discount and your already there so $100, the one on the left I would try for $150

8. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Thanks Grn Mtn that means I am not far off.

9. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Anymore input?

10. Got_Snow?

Got_Snow? LawnSite Member

I hope you get it! The guy that runs the western side building is a complete know it all. He will drive you crazy!! He told me he was the person that invented the diangle cut!! Good luck on this one! Remember that these are government subsidized units....meaning not a whole lot of money!! SO dont outbid yourself, but at the same time dont cut your own throat!!