Any bad experiences while passing out flyers????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jon99, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Going to be doing this fairly soon, probably the next nice day.. Anyone ever have a bad experience with a homeowner while sticking the flyer on their door knob????

2. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

Nope, I put mine out at 4:00 in the morning when people are sleeping and I only have to watch out for the paper person. And also, I put my flyers in the in the mailbox where the paper is put. It's actually a little section inde the mailbox itself. If they don't have one I just fold it up and place it between the box and the flag. Good luck!

3. I had guys that put out flyer's for me-but I tell you, this one neighborhood man they just kept disappearing-3 of them:eek: :eek: :eek: dang I wish I could find them guys. Kind of sad really-Oh well, goes with the job

A few rude people over the years, nothing serious. Most people are friendly if you respect their property. Been chased by loose dogs a few times. Started carrying pepper spray but never used it.
    Usually if someone doesn't like your flyer's they will leave a crank call on the machine at night or send an anonymous letter.
    Seems like you get something weird for every 1-2k pieces put out whether flyer's or direct mail. Just people

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

It is not legal to put flyers on the mailbox flag. It cannot touch any part of the box. I'm sure a lot of people have gotten away with it, but when you get your first nastygram from the postmaster, you will see.

Mark

5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Fliers on mailboxes=big no no.