1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any big advertising before summer..

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Apr 27, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Right now i am booked through the end of may. It looks like i will june booked solid also.

Last year i found out that i had the worst results with advertising once summer hit. It seemed like people just all packed up and went of vacation or something. Luckily, i landed a big job in late june and was set for most of the summer.

This year, but the end of may i want to be booked through the summer. Now that winters over and i almost have my first job of the season done i have some money in my account and i am planning to do some major advertsing in may.

Is anyone else thinking the same??

PS PLease do not move to the business forum. I do not care what some kid trying to get lawn accounts is doing!!
  2. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Booked till end of June. I might need to add another crew. I looked into every advertising option this winter. I even had one guy trying to sell me space on shopping carts at the local markets. I didn't take the carts thing, it was $1700 for 25% of the carts in the market for 6 months. Went with adds under "landscaping""masonry""snowplowing" in 3 phonebooks, one internet advertisement, local paper add in 4 towns, and one add in a real estate magazine.
  3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

We just did a door hanger campaign in our area Matt. We were targeting commercial maintenance clients and upscale homes in newer neighborhoods in Vernon, Sparta and Laffeyette. We have had excellent reponse to these door hangers. We hung them starting last friday, I had 3 appointments for estimates next week when we began, I now have 28 next week alone, all semi pre-qualified. I'd say about 2/3 are for design and construction work. May be an angle for you to try.
  4. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I was going to do a memorial day insert in the local paper but might back off. Thank god the phone is ringing off the hook. Definately took longer than last year to get going, but better prices on my part might have had something to do with it. Hope everyone kills it this year. Won't be much time to get on here soon.
  5. mrusk

Just stay out of the neighborhoods with my job site signs in them!!!
  6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

The best time to advertise is when your busy. This way your never chasing after work.
  7. forestfireguy

from nj

I told the girl who is hanging them to flash you and steal your signs while you watch....LOL......Just kidding. Seriously though I'll let you know where we've been since we are looking for different kinds of work, well different sized work at least. Call me if you want to talk it over.
  8. forestfireguy

from nj

There was a contractors special page in the Herald last week or 2 weeks ago we did an ad, it also brought several calls. Mostly for mulch but $ is $.
  9. mrusk

I'll give you a ring tommorrow ed. Do you guys leave sussex county much?
  10. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

what time is the best do you think to hang your door hangers, during the week? weekend? morning, afternoon? just wondering what you have found.