Any Body Ever Use A Echo Rapid Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rob.C, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

i WAS THINKING OF GETTING A COUPLE OF ECHO RAPID LOADERS, i JUST BOUGHT 4 261T'S, AND WAS GOING TO PUT RAPID LOADERS ON THEM, ANY OPINIONS?????

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Are those the ones that you stick the 8-10" piece of line in each end, and just insert a new piece when the old one gets too short?

I used one for a while, it was useful for trimming around some objects but once you start trimming around things that eat up trimmer line like rocks and especially chain link fences, you're stopping every 30 seconds to replace the pieces of line.

I dunno, I like the bump-feed Stihl heads myself. I can usually make a spool last quite a long time unless I'm trimming a chainlink fence.

3. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

For commercial work....bump and feed is the only way to go.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Best thing to do is pre-string a spool or three, stick it in the toolbox, that's what I do.

Yeah I always thought that WAS the rapid loader, bump, it's re-loaded. :rolleyes:

5. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

Yeah thats what I do keep a few extra heads pr-spooled, thanks for the opinions, much appreciated.:)

6. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

You can also try using a speedfeed head from Shindaiwa. They make adapters for most popular trimmers. The dealer I get all of my handhelds mentioned it to me when I got my last trimmer becuase I was complaining that it was a pain to fill the stihl heads in the middle of a job. I went with his suggestion and its been great. Its probably one of the nicest heads out there to fill. It also came with there twisted trimmer line pre-spooled and I liked the line so much I went and got a large spool. I may look funny running a stihl with a shindaiwa head and string but it works well and the string is very quiet also. I am not a fan of heads that arent a "tap and feed" design they encourage you to trim until there is only a few inches of line left becuase you dont want to stop and adjust. This is very unproductive. Best of luck.

7. dannyboy20

dannyboy20 LawnSite Member

I use the rapid loader. I like not having to deal with the spool. They are very quick and easy to add new string. Few drawbacks are that once the string gets too short you have to throw it out. So your actualy waisting string. And if your far away from your truck you have to walk back to reload or carry extra string in your pocket. But deffinetely good for a home owner.

8. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

been using this for 4 years, I usually carry a few extra pieces in my pocket it takes 2 seconds to change them. I very rearly break the line well worth it IMO

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

my problem with with the tap-n-go head is the guys don't understand they only need to tap the head, not slam the head down. Got tired of the having to rebend trimmer shafts

10. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Same here. I'm also pretty careful around chain link fences and other stuff that eats up line.