Any body out there do sweeping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by minerapex, May 16, 2004.

1. minerapex

minerapex LawnSite Member

Hey guys This is my first season landscaping on my own and I saw a tennant 240 ride on sweeper for $1000 and bought it thinking I can sell to my current customers. I was just wondering if anyone else is sweeping and how are you selling to your landscape customers. Any help would be great.:D
  2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It would be good for clean-ups, but other than that i see know point in it. Sorry.
  3. MJD75

MJD75 LawnSite Member

The only thing I can think of is Commercial parking lots...spring/fall clean-up
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

we have sweepers on our bobcats to pick up the spring sand in our commercial parking lots, but i dont know about selling that to the residentials......we just sweep the sand off the lawns into the road and the town sweepers grab that.
  5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a street sweeper and do couple of strip malls and shopping centers. In spring though we do a lot of sand clean up. Just about done with that.
  6. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I've thought about it because a few commercial clients asked me about it. So far, I just sub it out.
  7. minerapex

minerapex LawnSite Member

I was talking about commercial sweeping, not residential. In the area where I live the big strip malls get swept every night and I was thinking about getting places like fast food restraunts, smaller stores, and parking garages and doing them once or twice a month.