Any Business Plans for new business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wairinc, Oct 7, 2004.

1. wairinc

wairinc LawnSite Member
    from Denver

Hey everyone, I am going to start lawn care here in the spring in good old Colorado, and I was curious if anyone that has started there own company has had a business plan in the very beginning, I know there are a few sample business plans floating around, but those are examples for more established 1 - 2 year companies, I need an example of a brand new startup business plan

Any help would be appreciated, thanx alot guys and take care
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

3. jeepthg

jeepthg LawnSite Member

I am currently writing a business plan using a book called "Complete Business Plan with software". By Bob Adams.(comes with an interactive CD-rom). Most of the writing is done for you , all you do is add your data and word smith a little. It is really simple to use and is very thorough. I found it at my local bookstore. I tried a couple of other templates I found online and this book and CD is the best.

Have you checked to see if there is a non profit small business start up center in your area. They can also help a lot. I am currently working with a place called the "Quest Center".

Good luck
  4. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I just recently ordered the Lawn and Landscape Business Starter Kit from It hasn't arrived yet, but I eagerly anticipate poring through it. Probably better than any generic plan out there.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

What services are you planning to offer?