1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

any calls from this?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by green thum, Jan 11, 2006.

1. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I am getting my co. name and phone # put on my truck next monday.My neighbor down the street says he gets alot of calls from his,do you guys get the same results?Most trucks in my town are not lettered and i think it will make me stand out and look more professional.But(and this is another issue i know)in my homeowners by-laws it's stated there are to be no commercial vehicles parked o'nite in our driveways,but what can they do?
  2. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I have yet to receive a call because of truck / trailer lettering. I have found it to be a dead expense. Granted, it does increase the professional appearance of the rig, but I do not see it increasing my bottom line. Most of my clients are from cold selling, word of mouth and neighbors of exisiting clients.

Regarding your H.O.A., be up front and ask them. Most of the neighborhoods are trying to keep larger trucks out of the mix, not pick-up trucks.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I personally would letter the truck, BUt do you have a garage to park the truck in overnight for there are no problems? I personally do not think and should not think that you would have any problems with the HOA. I think they might be referring to large commerical equipment and trucks. Dumptrucks, dozers, flatbeds, etc.
  4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i have yet to even 1 call from lettering .
  5. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input guys,i'm going to go ahead and letter it.I still say it'll look more professional.as far as my hoa i'm not real worried what can thay do?make me move?mytrailer sits on one side of the garage and my mini cooper sits on the other side where the steps going into the house are(because of this the truck won't fit on that side)thanks again for the help!!!
  6. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I got calls from my truck lettering. One to be exact. And no, it was no a positive call. If your in the right turn lane, make sure you make that right turn!
  7. Rick Danger

Rick Danger LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Get flexible magnetic signs and you can take them off at night. Actually, make sure you take them off whenever you can, because water gets behind them and rusts the heck out of whatever you stick them to.
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am really surprised at the number of people that say they don't work.
  9. Hack

Hack LawnSite Member

I got a call from a window sticker today. I do pressure washing and have just started in Lawn Care this year. The guy wants his house washed and I will probably make $300.00 at least off of him just for having my $20.00 sticker on my back window.
  10. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

I get alot of calls off my trailer.Most result in work or at least quotes.Need to get my truck done too!

Had one woman ring and abuse me for running her off the road though.Well i did (not on purpose but had no option) but if you are stupid enough to try and pass a fully loaded truck and trailer down a hill with room for 1.5 vehicles then you deserve what you get! The police thought so too!:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: