Any Changes to the 48" TTHP's

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ULTIMATE LAWN, Jun 16, 2003.

from AL

Hello eXmark,

Can you give me a hint if a larger engine option will be added to the 48" TTHP for 2004? Perhaps a Kohler 20hp?

When will we see the 2004 improvements & additions on the website?

Thank You
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the post. There was a rumor floating around here that we were considering bumping the horsepower on the TTHP's, but I don't know if that was approved for next year. I couldn't tell you how much horsepower they were looking at adding, and I also don't know if they were looking at bumping the HP on both the 48" and 52" TTHP or just the 52" TTHP.

That's a good question to ask the other cutters on How many of you would like to see more horsepower on the 48" or 52" Turf Tracer HP? How much extra horsepower would you like to see, and would you pay an extra $200 or so for one or two extra horses? This would put the price of the 48" Turf Tracer HP well over $5000.

You probably won't see the changes to our web site until around October. We like to sync. the update of the web site with either the Louisville Exposition or the GIE show. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here to help,

Exmark Customer Support
  3. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

my 48" tthp was 5100 anyway. I would pay a liitle more for more horsepower. I will be looking at buying a 52" necy year and would like more horsepower for it. Maybe something in the 20hp range made by Kawi. Thanks for building a great machine. I love mine more and more everyday.

from AL

Thank you eXmark,

I run a 36" & 48" TTHP & a 32" Viking.

The 32" Viking is the best mulch & discharge unit with the 36" coming in a close second. The 48" tends to bog & clump a bit more in heavy grass.

I need another 48" & would gladly pay the additional $200 for a larger engine.

An hr. meter on these units would also be nice along with a removable front baffle for better discharge of long wet turf.

Thank You
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

How about....

36" = 17hp

44" !!= 17 or 19hp ( Got my fingers crossed on this one! )

48" = 21hp

52" = 23hp (for sure!)

BUT....Don't just limit the engines to the TT line. Allow them for the Metro and Viking series as well.
  6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

What TLS said.

I would really like to see a 48" with 20+HP and Larger tires like the turftracers.