Any clip users out there?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawnworks, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have Qxpress and it works great scheduling mowing, but it is not really proficient at scheduling full service accounts that need pruning, mulch, round-up. Does clip let you schedule the mowing and somehow on the same software schedule pruning, mulch, etc at different frequencies? or do you have to have several entries for that one account?

2. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

Any job that needs to be billed separately must have it's own "job" set up. You can schedule those jobs to match the same day/crew as the other jobs so they show up on the route sheets together. Haven't done it in awhile, but there is also a toggle to relate that job to the other so that it will only come up when the other job comes up. Having a separate job allows you to have a completely different schedule frequency, but still show up on the routesheet along with the primary job.

Hope that helps.

3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan,

What version and what update is that in?

I am wondering if the new updates change it or if it has stayed the same as what you are describing.

Tim

4. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

lawnworks you can schedule those with qxpress. We do.

mowing we setup to be weekly in the spring, biweekly in the summer weekly in the fall and then every 3 weeks on latefall.

mulch, pruning, spring clean up and fall clean up, and all ferts we do as zone based services and grab them down when we do their area.

how are you currently doing it?

Doug

5. Lawnworks

from usa

I have intervals set up on the mowing to change frequencies, but it would be nice if they had a way for it to add pruning once per month, mulch twice a year, spraying round-up every two weeks to pop-up on the mowing visits w/o having to schedule the client all over again.

6. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

it would be better to do the twice x per year ones as zone based services rather than recurring.

But for the pruning every month, why just just schedule a monthly service for the SAME customer called pruning, to appear on say the 3rd wednesday every month?

you have have as many services per client as you want.

you don't have to setup a brand new customer each time.

I have this all setup to my windows mobile phone, so I just sync from the field and my schedule appears automatically each day. my guys don't even go to the office most days, they, and they get whatever jobs are scheduled monthly, weekly, or whatever for each customer.

am I missing something?

we use Qx platinum, maybe you have a lower version that doesn't allow all this????

Doug

7. Lawnworks

from usa

Yeah I guess I would have to go in there and manually schedule pruning, pine straw, and round-up... just sucks to do it for alot of customers. I was thinking there be a more precise program available out there that the larger companies use. It just seems like they would be able to schedule one client and have pruning, etc already built in.

8. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

pretty sure a lot of the 2+ mil companies use qx. Probably not the base qx vers., but probably the full blown "qx enterprise" vers. unless thats what you alredy use - there are probably a lot of features you don't use that are already there waiting for you that you could grow into

how could it possibliy know "It just seems like they would be able to schedule one client and have pruning, etc already built in. "? it couldn't know how YOU schedule. every company is different. PLUS how would it know what services you provide and how you spell the services since it is coming from YOUR service list in YOUR quickbooks. you be asking the impossible my man.

one thing you could do is schedule say pruning for one customer, then go to schedule->multischedule and then copy the pruning service over to many customers. or setup a dummy customer with all services, and then whenever you get a new customer just go to schedule->copy services from existing customer and grab all the services this customer wanted.

9. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

Using ClipXE currently, but I believe it is a standard with all the products. Like I said, I haven't actually been involved with entering data for several years now (secretaries do it) but I believe that feature is true of both the new and older versions.

At one time it was just called "related." I think clip finally figured out that people were confused by that term so they changed it to "Do with job number." Not sure if that is the current wording, but the function is the same...making that particular job only show up if the "related" job shows up as well.

For example, we charge separately for "clippings removal"...so we create a job for that and "relate" it to "lawn mowing"...obviously we wouldn't want a "clippings removal" job showing up without the lawn mowing job. There are many other ways of using this as well...picking up trash, shrub trimming, bedwork, etc. are good candidates for this.