1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any comments on JD HD45 W/B??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylandscaping, Sep 12, 2003.

1. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Would like to know good and bad about John Deere HD 45 walkbehind w/ 48" deck..

Friend of mine is trying to sell his and I'm interested but would like to know what you think about them..

2. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

Though I've only had it half a year, I'm very happy with mine. (36" deck, bag kit, and mulch kit)

I was unable to get a Scag or Exmark dealer to get me a demo and JD went out of there way. It's all about service.
  3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. It's all about service, and my experience with Deere dealers is all positive.

Regarding the HD45; never used one but am very happy with my 757 ztr.

It would be great if Deere made a 32" walk behind, hydro drive like Exmark. I'm considering the Exmark, but if Deere made one I'd have probably bought it by now.
  4. shm

shm LawnSite Member

for what you get...i think they are a little overpriced for a new machine...but if someone you know is looking to get rid of one at a decent price and you have a good dealer in your area...i say go for it