any complaints about jthomas blades or belts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, May 8, 2002.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

i'm going to be ordering soon new blades and belts for the scag's, about a year ago i ordered some belts from j thomas (drive belts for scags) and they were just a hair to large and created a lot of slippage, has anyone else had similar problems?? also are their blades any good?? Thanks

2. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

No problem here, you can't beat their service either.

3. I had to order a main deck belt from them last year because it was the fastest way to get it. I was a little concerned because it was cheaper than I expected. I checked it a couple of weeks ago. It's doing great.
    Your Scag should have enough adjustment to tighten the belts. Are your pullies worn? If the insides of the "V" groove show any profile other than perfectly straight sides, they're worn enough to replace. You can get them cheaper from J Thomas too.

Dave

4. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

5. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

We've been dealing with J. Thomas for several years. On occassion there is a problem, but we have found that they stand behind their products in a big way.

One time we mistakenly ordered about 3 times what we needed (of a certain item). We didn't realize it until about 2 months later. Called them, explained what happened, and they sent a 'pick up' tag to have UPS come and get it. They even paid the freight back !!

Dynamite company from our standpoint.

6. GSJ

GSJ LawnSite Member

Overall I've been real happy with them. As far as belts go I
    think the manufacturers make some of them in half sizes.
    This can mean some adjustments to make it fit but only in a
    few instances. Their blades are great and reasonably priced.
    They also get the order out quickly. I ussually check my invoice
    to verify the pricing is the same as their most recent catalogue.
    Sometimes they aren't the same.

7. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I placed my first order with J.Thomas last month and I'm very pleased. No backorders and got my order 2 days after ordering and it was even sent frieght instead of UPS

LAWNS AND MOWER