Any complaints about Kaw 29 DFI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IHusky, Sep 7, 2007.

1. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

I will most likely pull the trigger on a TT with Kaw 29 DFI. I wish I could go Kubota diesel, but thats out of the budget. Any complaints on this engine before I go with it. Thank you.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Not many complaints with that engine. I just wish it had the power of the big Briggs. I've run them side by side, the Briggs just seems much more powerful but I like the Kawasaki reputation for reliability. I wish it had just a little more power.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Another big complaint.

It's a horizontal shaft engine which means Hustler won't use it.:angry:

4. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

what kind of price did they quote you ? My local dealer had a TT with the 26 Kubota diesel for I think it was $11,000. it was his demo

5. IHusky

New TT with kubota: $13,500
    New TT with 29 EFI: $10,400
    (both 61" decks)

My little Cub cuts like a mad man with the 19Kaw, so i think the 29 will be enough for me.

Tacoma200, I'm with you on Kaw, I just think that I would get more on resale with the kaw, not that i would want to sell a tt once its in my possession.:laugh:

Lawnspecialties, not too familar with Huslter, do they only use vertical shaft engines? I've read some good things about them here.

6. lawnspecialties

Yep, that's all they use. They tried a gearbox a few years ago so they could go with horizontal shaft engines, and not use a mule drive system, but the gearboxes were flops. So, I still run my 26 hp liquid-cooled Kawasaki's.

Kawasaki just recently came out with 34hp and a 37hp vertical shaft air-cooled engines but we're all still waiting on that option.

7. IHusky

Wow, Kawasaki 34 or 37 hp.:eek: :eek: :eek: on a Ztr. I think it would be overkill, but why not. Scag is now putting the 16 hp Kaw on thier 36 wb (IMO a little overkill). My 36 Husky has a 13 hp kaw and even in some pretty high/thick stuff it rarley bogs down.

8. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Toro has the 17hp Kawi on their 36" Hydro.

9. lawnspecialties

I think Cub Cadet already has these big engines on the Tanks.

10. IHusky

Thats crazy!!!!!