Any complaints over raised prices yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Apr 15, 2005.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I raised most of my lawn accounts 5 bucks and a couple larger ones 10 bucks this season and to my surprise, no one has voiced a complaint yet. The largest raise was a commercial account that I raised 17% this year. They did question it, but signed rite back up with us again this season. Of coarse the gas prices explaine the increase. No complaints yet, have u?

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I raised all accounts a minimum of 5 bucks a cut or have put a 5% surcharge on the others and so far I am have 22 of 23 resigned and the 23 probably will but if not, she has already been replaced.
    I would also say the I have gotten no complaints on prices from my spring time push of dethatching/cleans mulch jobs etc and I get better than 85% of my new bids which have been increased. People just don't have time for yard work and do have the green in the pocket to transfer to mine. payup

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I raise 1/3 of my accounts each year. Plus I have a 5% fuel surcharge when 93 oct. gets to $2.19. That will get used alot this year I think. No complaints.

Derek

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Had one customer complain about it. I raised the mowing price $3.00, 1st time in 3 years. I also listed my regular labor rate of $35 so there is no confusion for anyone this year. The lady says, if you charge $35 you must pay you guys like $30 an hour. I said, have you ever heard of insurance, shop rent, equipment, fuel, etc?? :dizzy: :dizzy:

5. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

.. we raised about half of the accounts last year and the rest this year ... only 1 complaint outa 60 accounts it kind of worried me as most people dont think of insurance euipment cost ect they just think we put it all in our pocket ...... it that was the case i would have a ton of cash and probally be semi retired but as it it i am still poor and working everyday trying to survive and pay the bills

6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Lost one to a raise I felt the price was to cheap his lawn grew faster then I could have guessed so I raised him from 35 to 37 a cut he called did his normal crying b*tch moaning thing when he did not get his way. Said he would have to think it over well 5 week later he proudly wrote to tell me he found someone to do it cheaper the clown shopped it for a month over 8 dollars a month. Takes all kinds I guess no tears here hated that guy.

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I was going to raise mine but am scared to right now. Im going to try to wait until about June when all the 15 dollar lawn services have went under.

8. just Cuts

just Cuts LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I've had a lot of clients complain about my $2.50 raise this year! I don't think they understand that almost everything in my trailer uses FUEL!!! :realmad:

9. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

We raise 50% of mowing customers $ 3.00 every year. This way they only get rates increased every two years. Works well for me!

10. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

hell whats 87 there 93 is already over 2.25 here