Any Con's to owning a Z-Spray?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Apr 20, 2005.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

Everything I see is positive with the Z-Spray, does anyone have any problems with them?
    One concern I have with the with a Z-spray is--- on wet ground---rutting on the lawn and
    two trailering the unit. the perma rack has me spoiled.
    I was leaning toward up grading to a Perma-Green mag. , but with some many negative comments on the centir and my two breaking down each week, I am looking at the Z-Spray jr. but the price difference is closer to 2000.00.

Thanks

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never left ruts. I have slid down a hill, but that was my fault. The $2k and the trailer are worth it. You could use a single axle open trailer if your product was in the truck.

3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have a new z-max, I've busted the foot switch twice in two weeks(mounted to low) it wheelie's to easy for me, and I can't figure out how to work the valves to save my life, but it is a productive machine, twice as much as my PG, but I got place the PG works alot better the the z-max...you need both :)

4. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Hills can be a no no, and wet grass is tough too, but overall, we treated 500K today and I am tired, but I am done.

It is heavy and when it gets away, get out of the way, and you can't stop it once it starts, but talk to the guys who mow, and you will learn a lot, beucase it is the same.

EG

5. ant

well my centri went down today and i am in the beginning of this round....i got it running but it wont be long till it's down again..
    if i stick with pg i have the rack..if i get the z i need a trailer..
    PG Magnum or the jr. z spray ..... hard to decide....
    ant

6. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Ant,

Spend the $.
    The z-spray has a learning curve but for anyone who has ever run a zero-turn (I never had) it's not that bad nor was it hard for me.
    You will learn to balance it and how to go where.
    I do some very steep hills that the pg would NEVER do but with common sense the a is fine.
    Just talk to Andy or Tom at LT Rich. They will walk you through the valves and such then make yourself a drawing so you dont forget.
    I really like the 50 foot hose reel. It's great for spraying those hard to reach places.
    It is a fantastic machine for production and I am totally satidied with mine.
    The only draw back is I wish I had got it years ago!

BTW since pg refurbished my centri it runs great and I still use it from time to time.

7. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Ant,

I have a z-spray being delivered Thursday of this week. I did have a PG for all of 10 hrs. I expect they all have their strengths and weakness. I will know more about the z when I start using it.

8. ant

up......................

9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Ant, I sent ya a pm

Thing on price I'd relate is this: there is another thread on this board about selling and the thing that seems to be the common denominator with most guys selling their services is the phrase "you get what you pay for" This holds true for us when looking at real commercial equipment.

I'm not knocking PG but when looking at the two and actually going over them at the expo in Louisville, pound for pound the Z was a better value IMHO.

10. ant

Z-Spray Intermediate

i ordered mine last week...
    cant wait..:headphones: :headphones: :headphones:

no more :walking:

so that means i will be getting fatter

so i will have to :weightlifter: more

no more :cry: due to pg break downs