1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any DIGITAL headsets yet being made??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by GarPA, Aug 5, 2005.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I need to buy another set of Peltors but I HATE the fact that the tuning dial is always moving when you brush against something.
    For years some of us have been asking for digital headsets.

Anyone out there know if a digital headset is yet being offered by any manufacturer?

I wish BOSE would get into this product line but from what I see in their product line, they dont offer anything for reducing this kind of high decibel noise.
  2. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

bose has noise reduction but they are not recommended as hearing protection...for 300 bucks .. there nice better then ... I've known guys that wear there walkman and weed eat ...c

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try selencio i have a pair,Look into cabelas
  4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Husqvarna have a set that are push button. Dont know much about them except, they are very expensive over here. Saw a pair.... $500au Gotta be joking! (no Im not) Ill deal with the Peltor dial thankyou very much!
  5. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Geez Mick $500! can buy a new piece of machinary for those $!!! :dizzy:
  6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah Stuie, my jaw dropped to the floor when was told the price.
  7. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

Whats your guys favorite peltor or any hearing protection headset for mp3 players? One that had a neckband would be especially nice so it wouldn't get in the way of my hat.
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

It is my understanding that Peltor does make a digital set and it runs around $175
  9. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I use a set of sony headphones with the am/fm radio not digital though ,close to peltors but not a ear muff $20 at walmart they work great
    the dealer here wants $80 for peltors and the peltors are to hot to wear in the summer.
  10. JimboII

JimboII LawnSite Member

I did a Google Search for "Husqvarna Landscaper Radio", came up with Model # 5056653-78 digital with auto shutoff and station memory, $109.95 US