Any Echo pro attachment users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Uranus, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Wondering how the pro attachment series is working for people. I'm thinking about picking up one. I need a stick edger, articulating hedge trimmer, and a power broom. So I figured I'd buy the pas-260 and see how good it is. So does anyone own the PAS and how happy are you with it? Any problems? And, is there a big difference between echo's 230's and 260's. Thanks guys

2. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I got the PAS260, trimmer, edger, and power paddle. I am super happy with mine. It has a really high quality box, I mean the packaging was outstanding, even the attachments had great pictures on the boxes. Oh and the attachments are soo easy to change. Takes like 30 seconds to swap from trimmer to edger. Oh and no problems at all with it yet.

Thats all I can tell you about it so far. I just picked it up this afternoon, havent even put gas in it yet. :waving::drinkup:

3. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I use two PAS-265 with most of the available attachments.
    Works great! :cool2:

4. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

With the power broom, get the biggest engine. Don't have PAS but hear nothing but good things about Echo. One thing is the articulate Hedge clipper attachment is not a short reach.

5. EGL&L

EGL&L LawnSite Member

I have two units now entering the 5th year of use and am more than satisfied. Not really any problems to speak of. Mine are used every day for line trimming, and a few times a year for pole prunning and shrub tirmming.

6. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

Although it's controversial to some here (As echo's latest seem to be coming out with only 1 piston ring), I've played with a buddy's PAS-265 and my father's PAS-260... The Pas-265 has definately more "balls" Both the 2 ring 260 and the 1 ring 265 have a 300hour commercial rating anyway. In other words, I would pick the 265 over the 260 as they basically are the same price. Also don't bother looking for the pas-265 on the USA website, for some darn reason you have to go to the Canadian site to see echo's latest lol!?

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I raise the issue on one ring or two rings before. Time will tell. Echo has been a very good brand and they do have the Vortex engine out for a while using on SRM211 and all the hedge trimmers and not much negative comments.

People are starting to buy the new engine stuff, we will know within a year or two. I am waiting for Happy Frog to give us a report. He has been using it for a while already.

8. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Happy Frog, check your PMs; I sent you a message!

9. slclawn

slclawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have the split boom echo's 260 and 230 they are now going on five years in service and are very good. I have the broom, edger, pole saw, pole hedge trimmer, and weed eater attachments for them. They have paid for them self's more times than i can even think.

10. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Ok, I used my pas-265 with the paddle today to do some blvd cleanups. Worked excelent. Monday I will get to use the edger and trimmer attachments. I am sure they will work just as well.