any EMTs/law enforment guys here?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawnchopper, Jul 30, 2005.

1. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

ive been contemplated getting away from the LC i work for now full time and starting my own partime only and since i just got my EMT i would like to work that too and get the benifits mainly cause emts dont get paid shyte then on the off days i can mow grass ect or i may do law enforcement but im a little hesitant cause cop jobs are harder to come by in Mn maybe work partime cop and partime mowing business or whatever
    Im wondering if anyone here does this??? people who work these professions and work this business aswell or switched from one to the other?? What pays the best?? pro's cons ect

2. Andersonlawnscape

Andersonlawnscape LawnSite Member

I am a part time Firefighter/Emt which means I only pull 1-2 shifts a week. So its not bad at all. I get paid by the shift, but my goal is to get on full time somewhere rather soon. I do the lawn care for the money, I don't mind it but its still not my favorite thing. I am a firefighter because that is what I love. I know around here if you get on full time starting off you get around 35,000 with benefits So thats kinda nice to have. But I know at the station I work at alot of the guys on their off days do some type of lawn care or landscaping and they don't complain about it.

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I am a FF/EMT as well as a full-time landscaper.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Volley fire fighter here. :D

5. woodmedic

woodmedic LawnSite Member
    from Texas

EMT-P (Paramedic) here

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Full time, paid firefighter/EMT.

7. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

I work full time, night shift as police officer and full time during the day as a LCO. I make more than twice as much doing the lawn care, but the benefits (and I like doing it) are nice working for the police. I am working like a dog this year to pay stuff off and plan to cut back one or the other next season. If I am not sleeping I am either mowing or working, hard with my wife and three little girls, but like I said it is only temporary.

(just woke up from night shift, check this site, now off to mow I go).

8. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

FT FF/EMT, Professional Lawn Jockey.

jk-

9. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I hope you guys with full time jobs aren't dodging the IRS with your side business.

10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess I left that out. I am a full-time FF/EMt.