Any Experience with 26HP Liquid Cooled Kawasaki?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MBDiagMan, Aug 15, 2005.

1. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone run one of these engines over the long haul? It seems like a liquid cooled engine should last longer.

Any experience to share?

Thanks for your comments and have a great day,
    Doc

2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

We have 2 29 Horsepower Liquid Cooled DFI Scags. I will take the liquid cooleds over the Air Cooled any day. :)

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We have one on a Ferris with a 100 hrs on it so far. It's got plenty of power to run a 60" deck but I definately wouldn't want one on a 72". It will burn a little less gas than an air cooled which I like and it's a lot quieter. So quiet that I can hear my cell phone ring when i'm mowing. It should last twice as long as an air cooled engine.

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

does DFI stand for digital fuel injection?

if you own an air cooled, or carbed engine, does it not bog like a carbed engine will? I.E. it dumps more gas in when it is bogging.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I said before they came out that if they would make a simple compact verticle with canister air filtration that produced 25hp or more that it would be a big hit.

I haven't had the opportunity or the urge to try one for myself yet.
    But I'm sure they are really great and will be a big hit because they'll fit most mowers.

6. MBDiagMan

Thanks for the responses. I bought a Bad Boy Lightening Z with the 26HP Kawasaki Liquid Cooled. I hope to pick it up early next week.

I really don't know if it is DFI or carbureted. Hopefully I won't be posting any bad news about it at any point in the future.

Again, thanks for the feedback,
    Doc

7. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

It has a carb. Kawi DFI's are only 29 hp.

8. MBDiagMan

Thanks for clearing that up. I made my buying decision before it appeared that it might be a fuel injected engine.

Have a great day,
    Doc