any experience with JCB compact track loaders?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by turboawd, Jan 14, 2007.

1. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

i was wondering if anyone has any feedback on the JCB (190T or 1110T) compact track loaders.
    they have the side-door entry which seems pretty nice, and safe.
    :)

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Not a whole lot of guys run them, unless you absolutely can't get anything else, I wouldn't buy one. JCB parts, I've heard, can be difficult to obtain and can be spendy. I was never fond of the Robot uni-arm setup, just seemed kinda stupid. All that torque and abuse going to one side of the machine. Sure it's probably beefed up on that one side, but in no way is it a stiffer/better setup than a tradition skid steer.

3. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

well, the lift arm is warrantied for life.
    they use perkins engines, and i think parts from the tracks interchange with other makes.
    i own a jcb loadall, and getting parts is not hard or that expensive.

4. murray83

murray83 LawnSite Senior Member

I ran a rented 1110T and loved it..I'm 6'1'' and found it had plenty of room where the Cat's and Bobcat's I felt cramped and it was very uncomfortable.

I had no issues with stalling and it was a very smooth ride.Great on fuel and with the single lift arm I had great visibility.

5. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

I had a rubber tired JCB for a little while, it suprised me.

I liked it quite a bit, the one arm allows for great visibility on the left side, the pilot style controls are nice, it was a power machine too.

(I buy and sell skid steers on the side along with operating them in my business, so I typically only run skid steers for about a month at a time)

6. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

the local dealer took me to the jcb factory in savahna georgia. the let us test all the equipment. the only think i liked was the excavator the robot was the most akward think i every tryed to run i thought it was gutless and jumpy. i did like the side entry though

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I think it is subjective when start asking about feedback unless someone has used one day in and day out. I like Bobcat and have demoed a CAT skidsteer for 10 hrs. and didn't like it though I love CAT products. I think if I was used to the CAT, I would have liked it. Most major manufactures have a lot to lose if their machines do not perform. I don't think you can go wrong with a major brand if it fits the bill for what you need and need to pay. I don't care how good the machine is...they all have some type of problems!
    I saw one all tore up and just sitting at my local Bobcat dealer. They were laughing at it because of the side arm and the abuse the machine took. Not sure of the story behind it but it looked awfully beaten down. That's not saying too much since I have seen a lot of Bobcat's beat to hell but this JCB didn't look all that old just wore out.

8. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Where I work at we have 18 of them to help keep the runway clean. A friend of mine runs one them there and loves it. I guess it's one of those things to each his own. It just looks like to me your putting allot of pressure on one side. I guess in all reality though it is simular to a track how design except the dipper is in the center of the bucket. I would try one out and see how ya like it.

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think they have made much of an impact in the North American market. I would be interested to see how they have done world wide with that machine. Locally there was a landscape company here that had one for a while. That is the only one I have ever seen on a job. It went away some years ago. Up here Arnolds machinery was carrying the JCB product and so you saw a fair amount of JCB backhoes around. Volvo then forced their dealers I think to carry only Volvo and that ended the JCB in this area. I think there is only one dealer in all of Idaho now. Unfortunately JCB bought Vibromax which used to be carried by the local CASE dealer and now getting compaction parts is a major PITA. The guys who did by JCB in this area are out of luck unless you want to transport you equipment 5 hours to a dealer.

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

The only dealers within 2 hours of us are Cat and John Deere/Hitachi.

However, both of them are service shops only (NC Machinery and Pape Machinery). I don't think they have any sales staff.

People make do if they have to.