Any feedback on the 36" Sentar sport???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by googles, Aug 8, 2005.

1. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have the Sentar Sport? how does it cut? any feedback would be great. thinking of buying one.

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Several people have them and love them. The guy near me who was the first to buy one. Just down wright (LOL) loves it. :D

3. googles

does he have the sport and what size does he have?? has he had other machines to compare it too?

4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I have a question about sentars. I understand the concept of the stander and I have heard a lot of good things, even though I have not personally run one.

But what is so great about a sentar? I dont understand why you would wouldnt want to buy a stander or a ztr over a sentar. I have never in person seen a sentar, but that seat doesnt look too comfortable.

Please fill me in with why you would buy a sentar over a stander or ztr?

5. Itsgottobegreen

He has a 36" sport. The 52" sport is a piece of junk. Its under powered, scalps very badly, etc. Because the frame was designed for the 36" and 42" deck. And the 52" deck is to damn big for it.

He also has a 52" full size sentar. Which he also loves

The sentar is the baddest thing on hills do to its design. It will go both up and down with complete control. Every other Mid mount loses control down hill.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Why not put a 48" on the sport :dizzy: Then you could put it in the back of a pickup.
    John

7. Sweetwater

Sweetwater LawnSite Member

They are all junk. My wife can drive thru prestigious neighborhoods and identify Wright stripes...the ones that look like hell 'cause they are pocked with streamers! She doesn't even mow lawns and she can appreciate the superior cut of comparably priced ZTRs (Exmark, Scag).

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thanks Sweet.

John

9. Itsgottobegreen

I know you had a cut problem with your stander. Now if you came and looked at my properties you would think underwise. I got the baddest looking stripes on the block. The new ones with the higher blades speeds cut even better.

10. googles

I still can’t decide if I want the 36 stander or the 36 sentar sport. I am leaning towards the sport because you can lift the blade height in seconds compared to using my impact gun and wasting 5 min. plus it would be nice to go up to a lawn and make the adjustment in the height right there. The only problem is there are not enough people that own the 36 sport to get good feedback. I know everyone loves the standers and that is a good thing.