any flex seat reviews?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by zigbang, Jun 22, 2008.

1. zigbang

zigbang LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced the new flex seat. Have a full size 60" Z and added flex forks (nice addition) and was wondering what the 'ride' would be like with adding a flex seat and if it is worth the $300. Thanks in advance!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are a bunch of users on this site that have the Flex Seat and I have never heard a negative comment.

Pj

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I bought one for my S/Z. Took it off after 3 days. I run my Vac unit a lot and need the solid fixed seat to get leverage to lift the deck. I don't set against the back of the seat when I mow so it did nothing for me.

4. zigbang

zigbang LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Hey, thanks for sharing. I have a suspension seat which helps a lot and am thinking that I am not really going to like the rocking chair affect.

5. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

gene you want to sell it.

6. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

They are awesome, I have one set up on my demo. People dont think much of them until I let them drive my demo around. Then they are sold.

7. zigbang

zigbang LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Thanks MO...for for the reply and giving me the idea to check with my dealers to see if any of them has one on a machine that I could take a spin on.

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I bought the first flex seat that came into my area and would not be without one. I have a degenerative disc in the L-5 region of my back, I would always feel some pain and stiffness after running the mower hard. I had the first set of flex forks put on a Super Z in this area and they made a great deal of difference. I honestly did not think or could not realize the flex seat could make as much difference in the ride as it does. I have not had any soreness or stiffness in my back since the flex seat was installed and I run my Super Z as hard as it can be run.

I mow a great deal of the time at 15 mph and on ground that would beat you to death with other zero turn mowers. I would go as far as to say you could not stand the ride on what I cut with other mowers if they could run 15 mph which most cannot.

I have run a Bad Boy which will cut at 14 mph and has four wheel torsion rubber suspension. This mower would cut at that speed and you could stand the ride but it did not ride as good as if it had the flex seat. The flex seat rocks when you hit a rough area to keep your back from slapping hard against a stationary seat. When the seat moves back with your body it keeps you from tensing and making your muscles tighten to take the shock away from your body.

If you want a better ride and money is no object put the flex base under a suspension seat. You will notice a big difference but near the difference I see at 15 mph compared to your 10 mph.

9. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

how hard is it to install?

10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Pretty simple, should take 20 minutes with hand tools and thats if your taking your time and reading the instructions.

Pj