Any Florida Members?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by jas4906, Jan 15, 2007.

1. jas4906

jas4906 LawnSite Member

Looking for some South Florida members?

2. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Treasure Coast here.

3. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Jacksonville FL here. Not much of a winter here, grass is thick and green!

4. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

Tampa here. I dont post much though. But might put a topic up here soon that will really stir the hornets nest.
    After reading stuff here for the last year or so, I cant really understand how a lot of these people stay in business.

5. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

Orlando Fl.

6. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

Sarasota here,

While I'm here, I just got back from a est and have a question to all you FLA people, how meanie call's are you getting from out of state residents that have new or recently purchased second homes here in Florida? And are you also being told by most of them that you are to expensive?

example, Nice home JUST sold 1/4 acre lot with 13 palms on the property (variety) and landscape front to back completely, est was with full maintenance along with fert and mulch replacement program,$150.00 was I to high? or?

Thanks Gil

7. yamadooski

Well if you are getting calls from out of state then they are used to the northern way of cutting and that is to charge per cut.
    They do everything different than we do.

I feel you were right in line with the price but Sarasota is full of rich old farts.
    Plus if they are not there half the time they really don't see why they should pay that much.

Do you need me to come down there and close the deal for you?

I get all my customers to pay my price. Its called good salesmanship.

I bet I could make a good living doing estimates for others...:)

8. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I bet I could make a good living doing estimates for others...:)[/QUOTE]

LOL, Well aren't you confidant in your salesmanship.

I have to say I'm much better in person then I am on the phone so I know where I need to work on things, but I think I'm going to let them fish around and call them on Friday and see if I cant close the deal.

Thanks Gil

9. yamadooski

Im very confident in everything I do, even when I dont have a clue as to what Im doing..:)
    Tell them you will drop the price for not doing the palms. Then explain the price of doing the palms from a tree service. They might pull their heads out of their arse.