Any good cheap insurance out there?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnbridge, Jan 15, 2008.

1. lawnbridge

lawnbridge LawnSite Member

I am price shopping my liability insurance that comes due this month. Do you guys have any good suggestions? Currently I am paying about 1200 per year for 1,000,000 each occurrence limit.

2. LawnCare_EMT

LawnCare_EMT LawnSite Member

I am not sure if you would be able to qualify, it is here in College Station, TX, but I have an excellent insurance agent that found me a 1,000,000 liability plan for $404.00/year. The insurance company is ANCO insurance and it goes through Union Standard Insurance Group. If you would like further information E-Mail me at grasshopperslawnmaintenance@yahoo.com

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

2 words that just dont go together... Cheap, and Insurance.

4. lawnbridge

lawnbridge LawnSite Member

I knew that reply was coming as soon as I typed it out.

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I dont know about anyone else but I pay on a scale of my gross income. The more I make the more my rates are. Right now I pay about $500.00 a year for a $1,000,000.00 policy. Im solo BTW.

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I use Farm Bureau Insurance, and it is in the $400-$500 range for 1,000,000

7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, I had to do it. I just got done incorporating my business, and switching all my insurance (WC for myself and employee, Liability, commercial auto and Umbrella policy) to Erie insurance. I wrote the big check. :cry::cry:

8. Black Bear

Black Bear LawnSite Member

Check and see if Farm Family Insurance does business in TX, thay have a great landscaper program. They are based in Albany, NY

9. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

cheap insurance is not good, good insurance is not cheap. i use farm family do not know if they are down by you

10. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

i do not think farm family is so cheap its that you get great coverage stay away from them on trucks way too much