1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any good dealers in St Petersburg for trailers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kevinlane, Jun 2, 2007.

1. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for another local dealer for a 6 x 12 open trailer with a tool rack. I was going to buy from a local Hustler dealer, but its a bit steep. Any locals know if any in St Pete/ Tampa area? Thanks, I'd appreciate any help.
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Just crack open the phone book and start calling. Theres hundreds of trailer dealers around here I would suggest buying from one of them not a mower dealer.
  3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

go to Weld Rite in Tampa off of hillsborough ave. YOu can get a 16" open landscaping trailer that is really nice.

I got one there a few years ago and loved that thing. I have since got an enclosed....
  4. CuttingEdge LLC

CuttingEdge LLC LawnSite Member

I'm not exactly sure how far you are willing to travel, but I recently purchased an enclosed from Rentz Trailers on HWY 19 in Hudson..I got a great deal on mine, and I am sure you can get a great deal for what you are wanting...good luck
  5. kevinlane

Thanks for all the input.
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Dont buy it from them. I wouldnt buy anything from those yahoos. Dixie trailers on us 19 is a great place to go. You will get a great trailer from a good guy (Jim).
  7. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

KEVIN,if your up for a ride this weekend go up to pasco, u.s. 41 / s.r. 52 their is a trl. yard up their may find what your looking for or just go thru the bargain trader from the store and find you one from there.
  8. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes also heard good things about this place a little far but worth the drive...
  9. kevinlane

tks for the info bruthas
  10. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

Kevin, dont forget to check out : craigslist.com
    selling all kinds of stuff