Any good flyer designs out there? colored paper?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by zippoz, Apr 7, 2005.

1. zippoz

zippoz LawnSite Member

im about to go hand out a few hundred flyers this weekend and was wondering if i could get some help on the design, if i should use flashy colored paper and so on.

also i was wondering if its better to go to the door and hand them out, or if it would be better for me to just leave them on the mailbox or in the front door. what works for everyone around here?
    i should also add that i have a big big beard and long hair, i havent cut in about 11 months... so you can imagine that some people might have issue with opening their door for me haha :rolleyes:

thanks for the help

2. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

ummmmmm.......

Hire some kids to deliver them for you and then hire a nice clean cut (re: profesional looking) salesman to do your estimates. Or cut your hair. In this biz image is everything. If you can't groom yourself, how can you groom their lawn.

3. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I get my flyers from 48 hour print and they do a real nice job. I order doorhangers, so I usually just hang them on the door knob, or in between the door jam. I would probably stay clear of the mailbox, you never know if someone will get mad and call the post master. I'd also try getting out as many as you possibly can. It can be a drag handing out flyers, but I't should pay off in the long run. Good Luck

4. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I myself use 65# cardstock because I get it for free bright blue and bright yellow seem to get the most attention

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -