any good GPS tracking programs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Sharps_lawn&landscaping, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Buck Hollow Lawn Care

Buck Hollow Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Fleetmatics is excellent.

2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Well first time out yesterday and had it in a empolyees truck. Instead of calling and slowing him down I just checked were he was. Went really wll.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

djagusch,

what did you find out with your employee when viewing his routes?

4. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

Gotrack sounds like a cellphone plan...it does all this stuff, but first you have to buy the unit and then a data plan!

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Can use a little help on installation. I understand needing gnd and +12 then there is white wire to come off inition. I guess this is what they use for
    determining time spent at a location. Question is....on chev how far into the steering column will I have to go to get that signal.

http://usft.com/www/?q=ntx5

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is a locator and works real time. I got it running out of the cir outlet
    and seem like a miracle. It identified my truck as setting in front of my house just like it was. And it did that in just a few minutes after I turned it on.
    No more hiding from the boss.

8. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

If you wanted to use mobile the app life360 is excellent

9. action1

action1 LawnSite Member

Omega gps 4550. You can set a geophysical fence and if your trucks go out of your designated service area, you get a text. You can also set a max speed and if exceeded you will get a text. Can also track unlimited for 5 years for $79. Unit cost more than others but works great.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

Buying GPS in vehicles is a total waste of money... unless your worried about your vehicle getting stolen... which insurance should take care of at that point...I'd worry about GPS in your equipment and then investing thousands of dollars in firearms and ammunition and alibi's!!!