Any good??MO DECK polymer deck treatment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by casey, May 19, 2001.

1. casey

casey Guest

Does anyone use MO DECK?
    Is it any good, saves time?
    I hate scraping. Is that a good price $6.95 listed at lawn-site?
    Does anyone pull the spark-plug when scraping?
    I want answers dammit!

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I would not endorse a product that did not work.

Its $6.50 a can... not $6.95

The polymer coating is great.... gets better the more you use it.

Some people might say "use cooking oil spray, it works". I tried that and it caused a major stinky mess. I had gnats follow me wherever I went.

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Pull the spark plug wire when your under your deck.

It probobly would never happen, but it must have happened to someone or the idea wouldn't exist, right?

If you turn the blade under the deck, theres a chance you can start the engine because your turning it over.

Better 3 seconds of safe then Sorry!

4. casey

casey Guest

What's the difference between Mo-deck and Pam cooking spray?

5. Administrator

Pam cooking spray is something you use to coat a pan before cooking so food will not stick.

Mo-Deck is a polymer coating for mower decks.

As mentioned before.. I tried the cooking spray. It caused a stinky mess. I had gnats following me around.

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a case of it when they were advertising here.It does help on my dixie,especially in front of the deck where it would clog before in 10 minutes,now it will stay functional long enough to finish a lawn when wet.I still get build up above where the blades spin.But i only put it on twice so far,and have mowed about 25 hrs so far.

7. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

What is the difference between this stuff and mow-eze? I have tried mow-eze.

:confused:

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I tried Mo-eze,too.I didnt work for me,and the bottle it came in was brittle,and the trigger pump leaked,and didnt spray well at all.Mo-deck is in a spray can that works,and I can keep it on my tool box,the Mo-eze leaked all over the place in my storage box,at least 1/2 of it was wasted-not that it was any good anyway.

9. :confused:

Would this be good for snowblowers?

10. Administrator

Hold that thought... I am waiting on information about a product that is designed for plow blades, etc. It is from the maker of Mo-Deck.

Chuck