Any good pics of the roll-on?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by syzer, Jun 30, 2006.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I see it on the site, but would love to get some good shots of the rollers and the unit itself.

Looks like it may be uncomfortable to ride.

Hope to get some good shots!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here are the only pictures I have.
    There are a few members here that have bought them, I am sure they will post some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet, thanks PJ. How much does that guy run? Have you ever tried it? Looks like it would beat you half to death on rough ground?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

MSRP is $399.00 and it is part # 102125
    I have used it a few times, I like it, it rides smoother than you think on rough ground and is super stable and not wobbly like some sulkies out there today.
    Please note, it only comes in black, the yellow ones were early prototypes.

Pj

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

what about going over cement or pavement? or gravel going to and from the truck to dump grass or whatever? One of the reasons for a sulky is to save time to and from the turf. Can the rollon be used on hard services or is it like the proslide and for turf only?

Can you mow in reverse with it? like the bullrider? can you even make a zero turn? (counter rotating the wheels).

Just wondering.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It works good on hard surfaces also.
    Yes you can mow in reverse and make zero turns.

7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a few questions regaurding the roll on that maybe some guys that have been using it can comment on.

1.How well does it fold up or how long does it take to detach?
    2 Will the front of the mower need extra weights?
    3.how hard is it to make a 3 point turn with one of these ?

Thanks

8. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

1. I don't fold mine up. If you needed extra room on your trailer you could fold it up and gain an extra 18 to 24 inches. It takes about 10 seconds to detach. Same to put back on!

2.I do not have any extra weight on the front of my mower. No matter how heavy you are you shouldn't need to.

3. 3 point is very easy especially in dry conditions. I have to be careful in wet areas, it seems to tear the turf going from 2 to 3.

Once I get caught up I will send pic's! In my opinion it is very easy to ride on. Gravel rattles your jaw a little, but the stripe it puts down is awesome!!

Tim

9. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

this I would have to see.

Small rollers (what are they madeof ?) on asphalt, concrete or gravel. or up and down the edges of sidewalks.
    What keeps it straight behind the mower when going in reverse? What keeps it from jackknifing and sliding sideways in a zero or three point turn?

Or am I wrong and it stays fixed directly behind the mower like a castored sulky? but then it would slide sideways in turns.

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is a trailering type sulky.
    It takes a little bit of practice, but you can mow in reverse with it, of course it could jackknife also, I never said it wouldnt.
    The rollers are a UHMW material.