Any got their Exmark 26"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Apr 21, 2005.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I placed an order for the new 26" exmark metro on March 17. I was originally told that the mower would arrive on April 18. The mower is still not here and my dealer has no idea when it will it arrive. He is now guessing May 1st. Cutting begins next week for me leaving me in jam. Has anyone else received their 26" metro yet?

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

What will Leave you in a Bigger Jam is that 6hp Engine on a Big 26" Single Blade Deck Once it Hits Thick Lush Wet Heavy Spring Growth.

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I ordered one last week. The Exmark rep told my dealer maybe by first of May, but they promised delivery in five weeks.

Fareway, I think I'll get by with the spring growth since I have control of the fertilizer program. It can't be anyworse than mulching with the Suzuki proline , my Honda is down until I clean out the carb and the proline can't mulch thick wet grass like my Honda. I guess I'll get to see sometime in May I hope.

4. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I talked to our rep the other day..They hope to have their initial order of 100 delivered to their warehouse on Friday.

But says he'll only get enough where each of his dealers may be able to get 1.

Some have been wanting like 5 he says, but 2 is about the most anybody will get right at the start.

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I just got a letter telling me the retrofit ROPS for our mowers won't be in for a while either.........it's already been a while..............

What's going on?

6. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not even going to touch on Fareways pestimism. He was a one time booster turned hater lol.

I'm still waiting on mine by the way. My TTHP 48/19 did come in however.

7. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

I just took a look at the Exmark site, how much does the 26" cost?

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

6 horse on a 26" mower, I'll demo one before laying down $1100 thank you very much.

I'd love to demo one.

Wish they had 2 stroke versions.

9. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Laying down $1100 probably won't do you much good unless you lay down about another $300 with it.

And guys.. remember, Exmark is just starting with this. As the product gets out there and people use them on a daily basis, future model releases could come with a larger engine if it's really needed.

Just give the thing a chance before ya chop it down.

10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

$1400!!

;)