any guess what trugreen was applying?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Jul 28, 2011.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Background - over the last 2 weeks we had 5 straight days of highs in the 100s. the coolest day was 88. Todays high was 101 with the next 2 days forecasted in the 100s. rain is in a shortaged with maybe .5 inches in the last 2 weeks. next chance is 2 days from now and 40%. Things are pretty tough without irrigation.

Pulling into a neighborhood I passes a trugreen pickup truck with a bed cover and push spreader on the back. My first thought was what is he applying since it was 96 already. The two lawns I saw with signs where centipede and a warmseason mixture. Being that their office is a 45 minute drive with only a pickup truck it couldn't have been a heavy dose.

Any clue?

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Grassmaster

Are you sure it wasn't a T 3000 and Agrium Advanced Tech Products.

3. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

My guess....

46-0-0 Urea or 0-0-0 Iron, who knows? I'm sure the driver, can't officially call him a tech, didn't know.

4. olcllc

olcllc LawnSite Member

I saw them out two days ago spreading fert on dead (dormant heat stressed) lawns. We've not had rain this entire month and things are beyond dry. I suppose they are getting a head start on their fall apps.

The few customers here that have irrigation have not used it this year because of cost increases. Water rates went up 60% this spring.

5. superintendent

superintendent LawnSite Senior Member

Ric, are you saying you don't like agriums products?

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

If it was on centipede that is not on irrigation, probably something that will stress the grass further.

7. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Dihydrogen monoxide?

8. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

oops my mistake, thought it was a spray truck.

9. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I thought they banned that stuff!!!:laugh:

10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Fungicide?

Slow Release Fert?