1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any guys on here from Ontario Canada?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Alpha Property, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, looking for some local advice and questions about some of our codes and area spacific issues.
    Any one from Ontario around in here?:canadaflag:
  2. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm 8 miles from Ontario, California!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

that was funny
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Hellooooooo Cleveland!!!
  5. I thought you said your Uncle was in the biz?

By the way we irrigators get tired head real easy. The number one source of tired head are long signatures.
  6. poncho62

poncho62 LawnSite Member

I am in Ont....no clue about codes though....Actually, no clue about much........lol
  7. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, Over with the mowing guys on the other side of lawn site you got to have a full list of gear or they won't take you seriously.

My uncle is in the biz, he's married into the family and there set up in Victoria and annother location with a different name in Calgary.

I was wondering if there is an actual license for irrigation in Ontario?
    And also if there is a market in Ontario, specifically Southern Ontario/Niagara for an irrigation store front, commercial and residential supply. Where are you getting your stuff from? dealers yourself? ordered in from somewhere else?

I'm 22, I've owned my lawn cutting gig for 3 years now, 80 ish mow's a week and i'm looking to put a crew on top of the mowing and expand into another area of the green industry, not necessarily doing the irrigation work myself, but more as a supply company with a store selling irrigation supplies, pool supplyes, fertilizers, bagged soil and mulch, gardening hand tools, maybe a small seasonal green house area etc.