Any help on what to expect for tree removal costs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by NJMedic, Jul 28, 2006.

1. NJMedic

NJMedic LawnSite Member

Ok, so long and short loking at wildly various quotes for tree removal in northern nj. Tree is a biggie, a 100" circumfrence maple bout 20' behind home and a rough guess of 60-70' tall. Ive attached a few pics and would be gratefull if anyonce cna offer their 02c as to what I should fairly expect.

Behnid the home is an uphill slope but about 200' thats getting cleared so the tree could be dropped there.Thanks in advance,

--C

Also if any of yall, insured arborists, work around the clifton, nj are and are interested please let me know. (chrism @ ugo . com)

tree1.JPG

tree2.JPG

tree3.JPG

2. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

try putting this out at arboristsite.com all the tree guys are there.

3. NJMedic

NJMedic LawnSite Member

Ahh, didnt even know about that site, just posted asaem info over there. Thanks,

--C

4. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

I would say around $900. If you can wait til winter, I would think you might get it done cheaper.

5. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

900 seems cheap for that big a tree...

6. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Central NY... at least $1000 to drop it, grind the stump, and remove the debris... At LEAST!

7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

A tree like that would go for $700.00 in my area. Total tree removed, stump ground and chips cleaned up. 7 bills would do it. The tree service I network with can do that tree in about 2.5-3 hours easy.....(4 men).

8. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

If we were to do it, you would be looking at $28 per foot (height). So you would be between $1680-1960 + tax depending on the actual height of the tree.

This would include climbing the tree and limbing everything. Trunk to be cut and left in 4' long sections. Stump ground (all grindings to be left on site).

Haul Debris- $85 per ton. We take any good firewood free of charge, if you don't want it.

Remove Grindings and Fill in Hole- $100.00

I won't notch a tree that close to a house. Even though I know all of my guys could do it; there is just too much liability there. So all trees within lengths distance of the house are climbed and cut so they can be dropped safely. This should be standard procedure for any professional tree service.