Any holdouts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1grnlwn, Mar 23, 2003.

1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I am sorry to say I have 4 past customers that are not sure what they are going to do( going to fire us but don't know who will be doing) First one is down the street He added a entire lot and his price went from 35 to 55. I only figured 15 for the lot but his yard was under priced and I mowed it that way for two years. Of course the neighbor got the same size done for 40 by a new guy in business. Who just bought new truck and mower, wonder what his price would be this year? Oh and this yard grows like a son of a *#@^@% and has standing water most of the spring. He is also fert cust, I don't think I will loose that. The other three are all in the next town. Must be a new guy with blanket marketing. One doesn't know what she want's to do. The second thinks her nephew needs the work jobless for 1 year. Spose he could use $26 a week. Asked her if he was going to fert and she didn't know. Third, Well this lady won't answer the phone, won't return a call, I even went by and a man answered the door and said she couldn't come to the door , and she has my info and he would tell her. Why are people such cowards about business? If they don't want my services they should tell me. And in a timely manner. I have the nerve to just show up next week and start cutting. Well I didn't here from you so I figured you were too busy and your grass needed cut.

Mark

2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Ok... Just my thoughts....

Rather than stressing over these idiots, why not advertise and get a couple new accounts (maybe on a contract) to replace the ones who won't get off the fence.

Then if they call..... you can say "Well, I never heard back from you, so I figured you didn't require my services this year"

If they say they do.. you could explain that you've put someone else in the schedule in their slot and that you're not accepting any other customers at the time. Or you might get them back after they realize "the other guy" isn't doing what you did.

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I Know. But don't most business owners stress over everything? Soon I will be too busy to worry. Hell tomarow I will be too busy to worry!
    Mark