any husgvarna expirence

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by hudson12787, Jan 14, 2013.

1. hudson12787

hudson12787 LawnSite Member

i found a decent deal on all new equipment a 6x10 trailer,husgvarana ztn ,backpac blower ,and trimmer for under 6k i was wondering if you guys have any expirence with the brand good or bad

2. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Do not know much about their mowers, but their handhelds are solid. Always liked echo, until I bought an echo stick edger 2 years ago, it was junk from the get go. Now I have been replacing the echo with husqavarna when buying handhelds. They seem very reliable and start easier than the other brands
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

I've demoed the late model Zero Turns and they are solid mowers. If I got a good deal on one, I wouldn't mind having one. The question is do you have local dealer that can provide good support? I've got a Husky backpack blower and it is a solid unit, as is their handheld equipment.

4. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

Which mower is included in that package? Ive used the trimmers and chainsaws for awhile and I love them as long as they are pro grade
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

The new mowers looks good but no direct experience with them. I've run nothing but their chain saws since 1996 or so and now have started switching over to their other handhelds from Shindaiwa...I have a 323 trimmer that I love and same with the 580 backpack blower.

6. hudson12787

i believe the mower was a mx5424s the trimmer a 323 and blower a 350bt i have several local dealers with inhouse service departments within 10 miles of me

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

The 323 is nice for a smaller trimmer...great for maintenance work because it's so light and well balanced, starts easily and is ready to work right away. I wish the fuel tank was bigger. It's going to be a bit lacking for heavy duty trimming but it's a good place to start...can always add a larger trimmer if the need arises. It's what I used 95% of the time last season. The 223 is nice too and almost identical to the 323 except it has a cable shaft instead of solid steel. The 350 is a solid blower but might leave a bit to be desired if you're doing a lot of large leaf cleanups. I think you mean the MZ mower...a bit on the lighter duty side of things...might want to step up the line a bit if it's in the budget.

8. hudson12787

mz is correct i had a feelin the mower was on the lighter side but this was just the package offered i thought would fit my start up budget and upgrade later and use it as a back up at that point but im fairly new to this so to you what makes it on the lighter side and what would be a step up as the dealer has many packages available only thing changing being the mower

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Pzt than pz.

I like the packages from sle
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a husqvarna 5424 ztr 2011 model and its pretty solid. At least it was for me last year being my first year in the business it was all that i needed. Its not an exmark or a scag but its also at least half the price. i bought mine through sears with some good financing options. Any other questions feel free to ask me.

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com