1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

any husgvarna expirence

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by hudson12787, Jan 14, 2013.

1. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

That's the same deal I got. I got an edger trimmer and pole saw attachment (edger is detachable) plus the Mzt52 With 28hp Briggs (last year's model. New ones have 26hp) for $5300 out the door. How many hours do you have on your briggs? Is it the endurance commercial? The Briggs is the only thing I am hesitant about. But I have heard the endurance commercial is close to as good as the Vangaurd
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

We ran a few Husqvarna 54s last year with the Briggs engine and at over 750 hours there hasent been a moment they have been in the shop.
    We have several older Mz61 which run10 mph , now it's the MZ-T and they are ok as well, there baggers need some work.
    Overall the MZ line up is great with a new MZ54s at $3999 can you really ask for more?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

We have a little over 200 on it now with the season just getting started. However the hour meter only counts when mowing not just when the engine is running.
    As for the 28 hp to 26hp they are the same engine. Briggs had to re label HP ratings this year. Their 28 became a 26 and the 30 became a 28. I figure a new 23hp Kawi costs about 1700 so when the briggs goes if the rest of the mower still has a lot of life in it I will repower it with a kawi.

4. kinneberg lawn service

kinneberg lawn service LawnSite Member

I have one of those 4wd push mowers, honestly I love the thing works great on hills. there is a deal going on, You can get a ZTR and trimmer, and believe another piece of handheld equipment when all is said and done it come to be equal to the regular price of the ZTR. I was just at dealer other day.

5. fredrigo

fredrigo LawnSite Member

Any updates on how the mz-t's are performing now?

6. sildoc

Ours are running great. No problems yet.

7. fredrigo

fredrigo LawnSite Member

How many hours do yours have? How do they do on hills and slopes?

I have banked hills and my current craftsman ztr can't keep straight down hill.

8. sildoc

We have around 180 on one and over 400 on the other. We have owned other ztrs and they are all about the same on hills. The better you are at driving them the straighter the lines are. I can tell you they are way better than any craftsman out there by far. These are actually commercial machines a step up from the MZ homeowner machine. A lot of differences that make it a better set up.

9. fredrigo

fredrigo LawnSite Member

I didn't really consider the MZ. It didn't look like it was enough. It was far better than what I have, but it's only like 800 more for a MZ-t and it would be well worth it. I can get one for about 5k.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. fredrigo

fredrigo LawnSite Member

Just snagged a MZ-T 61 for $4500! Epic deal and it is excellent on my hills!