Any Husky users ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jody P, May 23, 2006.

1. Jody P

Jody P LawnSite Member

I just purchased a new Husqvarna 145BT blower and a 326LX trimmer. I am looking at the IEZ4217T (42" cut / 17hp Kawasaki). I been overseeing a crew that uses an older version of the 4819. Seems to be a good machine, however they don't maintain it very well. The reason I am looking at a 42" cut is because most of the properties around here are around 1/2 acre sodded yards. Any thought???

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not know anything about Huskavarna except that you could buy them at Lowes and I would not buy Mowers from Lowes for commercial use.

Most of my lots are smaller than 1/2 acre and I run 52 inch ZTR which seems to be the perfect size for small and larger lots.

You might want to go with 52 or so, just so that if you get into larger lawns you will be set.

When the 52 is too big, there is always the push mower or the trimmer.

Tim

3. Jody P

Jody P LawnSite Member

Thats my dilemma. The 42" will probably make a nicer cut on the sod yards, but I won't be able to compete on the fescue yards. We have a local power equipment dealer that sell the pro-line of Husqvarna. Lowe's sell the consumer versions. The 4819 came from a power equipment dealer but the rest of their tools come from either Lowe's or Home Depot. The consumer crap needs to be replaced every 4 - 5 months, but they won't spring for decent equipment. I am not going to make this mistake. Most of the local power equipment dealers around here offer loaner programs and fast repairs. In reality their prices are very competitive compared to the big box stores and online stores. Example: Lowe's 223L consumer trimmer @ $269.00 vs Lanier Power Equipment 326LX pro trimmer @ $319.95. $50.00 gets you a commercial warranty, a place to repair your tools.and people who know your business.