Any Husqvarna WB owners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I just wondering if anyone has experience with these mowers. My Stihl dealer carries them. I never really paid much attention to them while I was there trimmer shopping. But I was flipping through the Huqvarna catalog he gave me. I noticed some of them have a quick deck lift setup and ETS controls instead of pistol grips.

The machine looks a little bulky. But I like that quick deck lift thing. Anyone have some input about these mowers?

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have a friend who uses their zero turn mowers but I have no experience with their walk behinds. The zero turn is quite nice to operate and does a fine job.

Gravely_Man

3. Tony12

Tony12 LawnSite Member

Envy,

I have DEMOED the Huqvarna walks, they are nice, the ETS reminds me of the Snapper (W/B) loop handles. And yes that height adjustment is a nice feature.

If you are coming to the TRADE SHOW in Charlotte, stop by the Huqvarna booth and ask for Gary or George, or contact them at SEED PLANTERS SUPPLY in Huntersville NC. I'm sure they will let ya DEMO one and make an offer hard to walk away from.

4. Bryan Wilson

Bryan Wilson LawnSite Member

As far as I know, a Husqvarna is just an Ariens with a different paint/decal package. I've owned 3 Ariens. Great machines fir heavy grass. Heavy machines. Never buy one with a Tacumseh engine.As far as I know, a Husqvarna is just an Ariens with a different paint/decal package. I've owned 3 Ariens. Great machines fir heavy grass. Heavy machines. Never buy one with a Tacumseh engine.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Bryan
    If yortalking 21" mowers , you are probably right.

I think the original ? was about the wide area wank behind mowers (36-60") . I think they bear a close reseblence to the Yazoo Kees But I'm not sure.

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Contact IBGreen. I think he had, and may still have, a Husqvarna WB, as well as a ZTR.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks guys!

Doesn't seem like many people use them. But That doesn't mean much. I do plan to demo one at some point just because of the quality service I get from the dealer. I was just kinda looking to see if anyone had experience with the design. I will contact IBGreen.

8. PGT

PGT LawnSite Member

PAULJ
    YOU'RE RIGHT THE COMM WALKS 36 AND UP ARE MADE BY YAZOO/KEES. ARIENS MADE A 21 SWIVEL WHEEL FOR THEM FOR A WHILE BUT NO LONGER OR AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT MY ARIENS FACTORY REP SAYS!!

9. Lawn Man 5

Lawn Man 5 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I bought a 48 in husky walk-behind last year, and I have not had any problems with it so far. Mine has the pistol grips. I have used the new ETS controls, they are definitely a lot better. I think that the Adjustable deck option would be pretty cool, but have only seen it in the magazine.