1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Any idea what is causing this?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stang2244, Oct 10, 2010.

1. stang2244

stang2244 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer who is concerned with these spots in their lawn. I don't know what could be causing it and they just came about in the last 2-3 weeks. Her lawn never looked perfect, but this seems like more than just the grass going dormant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

photo-1.jpg

2. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Is it bermuda?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. stang2244

It's kbg.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

interesting you ask this as i have seen frost damage to burmuda lots of years that looks just like that, but can tell it is not burmuda especially in colorado right, i mean you guys have this crap there too?
    def looks like fungus damage. a look at the temps, moisture levels would easliy be able to pinpoint a particular fungus or two to look for for diagnosis . what have they done in the past 3 weeks(temps and such)?

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a warm season grass guy, but it looks similar to what bermuda does right before total dormancy. That being said, if its KBG I would say its likely a fungus.

I can't see where poster is from on my phone which is what I normally use to access lawnsite. The small screen also makes viewing pictures difficult.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

How much rain has that lawn had in the last month or so?

8. stang2244

I'm in Colorado. We have had very little moisture but everything is irrigated. Temps have been a bit above average.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. gunsnroses

gunsnroses LawnSite Senior Member

looks beat down....Kids playing football?

10. stang2244

Little old lady, she's barely ever out on the grass.
    Posted via Mobile Device