Any idea where I can find an ECHO SRM-260 trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Damian, May 15, 2007.

1. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

Mine died today and and I'd really like to replace it. Anyone know of any place other than Ebay that I could find one? Anyone have one - that's in good working order - and want to sell it?

2. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I'm guessing echo doesn't make that model anymore, huh? I used one a few summers ago working for someone else and really liked it to, forgot about it and just bought 2 210's. Any perticular reason why ebay isn't a option for you? And 2 cycle equipment usually doesn't live long enough for a resale, and the used stuff that is out there is mostly junk IMO.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Mcoys in Austin....just get the 261T it is better and not a lot more.

4. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

I think you answered your own question...:laugh: Actually, Ebay isn't off limits, I had just already checked there.

5. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

I used one this morning - at least I think I did as I was told it was a 261 - and it seemed less powerful. Maybe it was just less noisy?

6. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

7. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I think for Echo the "S" means solid drive shaft, not a cable. Not in that case though I see.

8. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

Thanks. I kept hearing that they weren't available anymore, but apparently that just refers to walking into a dealer.

9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Here is another place. Not sure of the price though, you will have to email them. Looks like the "S" means that it has a rigid steel cable. Found that at the bottom of the mayberrys link.

http://mayberrys.com/echo/trimmers/srmseries.htm